The Slipper Baths looking up South Place. At the top of the road is the Yeoman’s building and to the right of that are four houses with prominent gables – these houses crop up (and help to identify positions) on other photos.
They were built on the Eastern boundary of the Dog Kennels to help alleviate the hygiene problems and unhealthy lives of people living there.
The Slipper baths were built in 1904 and demolished in 2004.
The low wall (centre) is the eastern boundary of the Bowling Green.